Thursday, September 27, 2012

Door County Stitching Retreat

My LNS, The Stitching Bee in Green Bay, WI, is having their annual stitching retreat November 9-11, and this year I am definitely going! This will be my second one, as I attended the one in 2010, and I am really looking forward to it.

It will be at the Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor, which provides a free breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday. Dinner on Friday and Saturday is at the resort's Carrington Grill, and I can vouch that the food was delicious at the one I attended! You're on your own for lunch, but you can make your own in your room, which has a kitchen, or head into the nearby town. The ladies were talking about a local restaurant that has a model train that brings around menus and such, which I might try out this year. It seems like there might have been a few that went to a local winery for a tasting, as well! ;)

I tend to be a bit of a solitary person, but Kendra (the owner of The Bee) and the other ladies were so welcoming, and so much fun that I felt very much welcomed and included. We have one large room to gather in Friday afternoon and all day Saturday; it's locked when no one is using it, so you can leave your stitching stuff out, if you like. There are also several smaller nooks scattered throughout the resort, if you want to sit and stitch with a smaller group for a while.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, just let Kendra know; her contact info can be found in the link above. She can email the info to you, and answer any questions you might have.

Sure would be fun to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment