Monday, March 4, 2013

A bit of progress...

...on Blue Jeans and Daisies, as I spent some time with it yesterday:


I did change up the house a bit; the door and window frames were supposed to be the same brown as the roof, but that just seemed too dark to me. I mean, if someone really chose to paint their house pink, do you think they would chose brown for the trim? ;D I am really enjoying working on this one, with it's bright, pretty colors, but away it goes for the week.

I also "cheated" a bit, and took another day to stitch up a name tag for the Mirabilia Minions Retreat this April. As I may have mentioned a time or two, I adore bling, so the only non-sparkly materials I used were the fabric and the thread for the name:


Now I just need to figure out how to finish it into a name tag; this could be interesting! Good thing I still have more than a month to work on it.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week, and found lots of goodies from the Nashville trade show!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work -- The name tag is PERFECT. Good luck "tagging" it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I'm glad you're making that house your own. :-)

    I LOVE the nametag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress Melanie. What a pretty design.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will make a fantastic name tag!

    ReplyDelete