Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More garage sale treasures

Okay, I confess, I went back to the garage sale I mentioned in my previous post, but really, I HAD to go back! No, really, I did; one of the kitted projects that I bought turned out to be already completely stitched, with the stitcher's initials and the date on it. So I took it back to the woman's daughters, and they were so happy to have it back, as they kept all of their mom's finished work (this one slipped through) to distribute among the family as treasured keepsakes.

So, since I was already there, I decided to go through the individual patterns that I hadn't taken the time to look through the previous day. Perhaps as a small cosmic reward for my good deed, I found a pattern that I have coveted for quite some time, Michael Jolly's "Little Women":


It is in perfect condition; I have seen this go for $30-$40 on eBay, and I was rewarded for waiting by finally getting it for $1!

I also found five Judith Kirby Victorians for $1 each, including one of her Halloween houses:


Just had to share a bit more of my treasured finds; hope everyone has a terrific stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Great garage sale finds...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More stash at bargain price! Heaven!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling you would go back, I would've too!
    That was nice of you to take their Mother's stitched piece back to them.
    Great finds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of you to return the finished piece, and lucky for you to find more goodies to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you be willing to sell me a copy of the halloween houses? Have been looking all over for them.thanks linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, there is a shop called Stitch'n Time in Saginaw, MI that holds the copyright for these designs. Give them a call at 989-781-5209, and they should be able to help you out.

      Delete