Sunday, September 21, 2014

Model is finished!

This past Thursday evening, I put the final stitches in the model for Judy Odell. On that Monday she told me that she had decided to enter the Online Needlework Show, so she wanted me to get as much done as I could, and send whatever I had done back to her in a week (i.e. tomorrow). The thought of sending it back unfinished bothered the heck out of me, so from Tuesday to Thursday I stitched for probably 30 hours to get it done. I was headed to my mom's house for the weekend, and I knew I wouldn't get much done there. So Friday, on my way out of town, I mailed the finished piece to Judy, and in a few weeks you'll be able to see it in the show at the Just A Thought "booth".

As you might imagine, I was a bit burned out after my marathon stitching sessions, so this weekend I didn't stitch at all. I did, however, get all the floss for Michael Jolly's Little Women wound onto bobbins. Tonight, after I got home, I went through my fabric stash and found a pretty blue and white piece of opal Belfast to stitch the design on, which should look like a beautiful summer sky:


I'm not sure when I'll start this one, but it's nice to know that it's ready to go when the urge strikes.

I have two pieces in line that I want to finish before I start anything else; they are Ink Circles Ghostly Mandala and Lizzie*Kate Tingles:


I'm thinking I'll finish the mandala first, just because it's so much fun to work with beads. :)

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your marathon push to finish. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the mandala after you've had a bit of a breatk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Women is a beautiful project.
    I look forward to see the progress.
    Have a good week.
    Now I go to the work.
    Ciao Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on finishing your model stitch! I would have had to do the same... Both your WIPs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Women will be so pretty.
    Love the Mandala and the Tingles are too cute also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Ghostly Mandala, it looks like a lot of fun to stitch! :)

    ReplyDelete