Monday, February 16, 2015

Home from the framer

Last Friday I got the call from my framer that my July fairy was ready to be picked up; I was there about 20 minutes later! Picking up a framed piece always feels like opening a gift on Christmas morning, and this one was no exception.

I chose a red, suede mat to complement the color of the dress, a neutral beige inner mat to bring in the ribbon colors, and a brushed gold frame to highlight the gold beads:



She's now proudly hanging in my "Mirabilia" bedroom, which is slowly running out of wall space!

Since it felt so good to finish one of the WIPs on my original list of those to be "slain", I pulled out another one from the list: Mirabilia's Charlotte. This one is being stitched on Sugar Maple Fabrics Shimmering Nightshade, and here is what she looked like when she disappeared into the Bucket o'WIPs a few years back:


Here she is as of last night, after a week of stitching:


I love that the fabric has the teal, chartreuse and red from the dress in it. I have one more piece of this gorgeous linen left in my stash, just waiting for the perfect design to come along.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

9 comments:

  1. That fabric is gorgeous and I love the framing you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so beautiful! I really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful framing, gorgeous stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your framed piece is gorgeous Melanie. Love your WIP. The fabric is awesome.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous framing. And Charlotte is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! July Fairy has been superbly framed. Congratulations to you and your framer for perfect choices of mats and frame. SHE IS STUNNING!
    And as for Charlotte - how could you have possibly "bucketed" her a few years ago? I'm so glad she's come out to play. And the fabric she is on is to die for!
    Can you tell I'm going to be excited watching this one grow?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Fairy looks beautiful in that frame.
    Great progress on Charlotte.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fabric. Charlotte will look amazing when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful frame.
    Great progress for Charlotte.
    I loved Sugar Maple fabrics.

    ReplyDelete