Friday, October 16, 2015

This is going to take a while...

...the model I'm currently stitching for Rosewood Manor, that is. Not only is it large, but it's being done on 40ct linen, which is starting to get hard for me to see. Oh, and a good part of it is over-one thread on the 40ct; woo hoo!

I've tried to wear reading glasses, which help a lot, but I can't stand the feel of glasses on my face; I end up with a major headache from scrunching my nose up against the glasses. Then I tried a magnifier, which also works well, except that the piece looks kind of wavy under the magnifier and I end up feeling almost seasick after a while.

I've been working on this for over three weeks, and I'm probably only about a third of the way finished. However, I will soldier on and get it done, and it will be gorgeous and well worth the effort!

Speaking of Rosewood Manor, Karen Kluba, the designer, has a daughter who was in a horrible accident this past August; she nearly died, and has a very long road to recovery ahead of her. Karen has designed a special chart in honor of her daughter, called Crazy Socks:



Sales of the chart will help the family with expenses related to the accident and therapy, as well as a school fund for Rachel's sons. I bought mine last week; you can find information about the chart here.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Aww that's such a cute idea and a cute chart too! I hope you find a way to help your eyes. I think I'd get seasick too my motion sickness is terrible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear
    you have a big heart.
    It's hard to stitch on the 40ct; I used it to make the skirts of my pincushion half-dolls. I wish you happy xxx
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will get the model done, and it will be gorgeous!
    Thanks for the info on the chart for Karen's daughter, how tragic.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still getting used to wearing glasses for reading - I've just had them a week - so I can empathise with you! Well done for sticking with the 40 count.
    Very sad news but a lovely fun chart to raise funds for this family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the 40count and what a great idea for a chart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor K! She has an awful situation in her life. I hope the daughter will recover.

    ReplyDelete