Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

I haven't blogged for a bit, because I didn't have anything to share, but now that the holidays are over I finally have time to stitch again!

I have finished my first Nora Corbett model, and it has been accepted from the photo, so I am feeling a bit more confident as I start the next one. I will feel even better when they have been mailed back and inspected in person; it's always a bit nerve wracking stitching for someone else the first time or two!

The stitching I can share is from two of the SALs I'm working on, Ship's Manor Beautiful Sea and Tempting Tangles Welcome. Both of these released another part last Friday, which I'll probably work on this coming weekend, so I'm not behind. Here is Beautiful Sea, parts 1-6:


And Welcome SAL, parts 1-8:


Due to a lack of stitching time, I fell behind on the Never Ending Sampler SAL, and as the bands come out a bit too often for the amount of time I have to stitch for myself, I don't know when I'll pick that up again...

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays with family and friends, and wish you all the best in the New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Both your SAL pieces look good. Wishing you a fabulous 2017 filled with many stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Nora Corbett is gorgeous! Your SAL pieces are both lovely and have nice calming colours.
    Good luck with your 2017 stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see which Nora Corbet you model-stitched.
    Great progress on the SAL's.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year good luck catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome is looking wonderful, as is the Ship's Manor SAL. You are a whiz!
    Hugs

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also saw the bead box on the Mira group and have ordered some. How are you tracking how many beads you have, or are you? How will you know, when it calls for 2 packages, that you have enough?? Thanks
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each container holds about three packs of the regular seed beads, so I can get a feel for how many packs are in a container by the level inside.

      Delete