Monday, March 13, 2017

Andromeda day by day

Sometimes a design calls out to you so loudly that you just have to start it; Andromeda did that to me last week, and already having a piece of fabric that I was excited about using just made the call that much louder. As the design isn't really that big, I decided to take a couple of weeks off from the models I should be stitching and try to get her done in that time--so far, so good!

I chose to use the Mermaid fabric, as I agreed with the comments that the size of the moon on the other piece would have been a bit overwhelming and that the colors in Mermaid just flowed so nicely with the floss colors. Since I am trying to get this stitched in two weeks, I thought I would take a picture at the end of every day to see the progress made, and decided to share the pictures here as there shouldn't be too many.

Day 1:


Day 2:


Day 3:


Day 4:


Day 5:


Day 6:


I'm really getting the urge to fill in all those spaces for her bling, but I think I'm going to wait until after I get her leg stitched and then reward myself with sparklies! The skin is always the slowest part on a Mira, choosing which partial stitches to use to get the smooth lines that make them look so nice, so it's always a relief to have that done.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. Holy wow you are really moving on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome progress each day Melanie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one speedy stitcher! She's looking gorgeous, definitely the right choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've gotten a lot done already!
    She's looking great.
    Good luck on your goal. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome progress! I have no doubt you'll tame her in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete