Monday, April 10, 2017

One SAL finished

This past weekend I decided to pull out my Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL piece and finish it up. I had stayed current on it for the first 13 parts, but fell behind while I stitched Andromeda. I've had a nagging desire to finish it so it doesn't end up in the WIP bin, so I gave into the urge and here is the result:


When I picked it back up on Saturday I had the lower left corner stitched, so I decided that I would finish all of the green along the bottom row and then stitch all the flowers. When I got to the far right side, I realized that I had started the row one stitch to the left of where it should have been (that's a problem with mystery SALs released in small parts--there aren't enough points of reference to count from to make sure you're in the correct spot!). I just couldn't face frogging all of the green and the flowers on the left side that had already been done, so I decided to live with the mistake.

It's not terribly noticeable on the whole, but the stem of the white flower should line up with the middle of the orange flower, so it's definitely off, and will probably always bug me just a little!


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish! It is lovely. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beautiful finish Melanie. We would not have noticed it was off if you had not pointed it out. It looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish and hopefully you'll forget about the mistake soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I think it looks fine.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very pretty - well done! It's really not noticeable at all. Definitely not worth re-stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish. Wouldn't have noticed unless you mentioned it and showed a super close up picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the beautiful finish Melanie. We would not have noticed it was off if you had not pointed it out. It looks great.

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete