Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Wow, almost a month...

...since my last post--I'm a bad, bad blogger! And it would have been another week, but today I got the call that I've been waiting for for almost five weeks, that my framed pieces were ready to pick up. I would have made it over there even sooner, but I had to wait until our AC unit was serviced!

Here is Mirabilia's Andromeda:


Nora's Alphabet, designed by Nora Corbett for Golden Heart Originals:


Chatelaine's Mini Mandala Circle 02 (the mat is a copper metallic, not orange):


Finally, Rosewood Manor's Bucklebury Sampler:


I'm going to hang this one by RM"s Past & Present, and then hopefully get a few more of my returned models re-framed with glass and have a whole wall of them.

It was also a good day because I finished the second of the Nora Corbett models, and they have been accepted and are already on the way to Wichelt. Now I just have a relatively small piece to stitch for an individual (finally, something I can show pictures of!) and then I really want to take a little time to work on my own "stuff"! Although I've already received the next Rosewood Manor design...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. Just too darn pretty for my 1980s K Mart Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pieces.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your framed pieces are gorgeous Melanie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the pieces are beautiful.
    Love the fabric for Andromeda.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you a friend request on FB......Murf's page

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andromeda is so beautiful. I cannot wait until I have the skills to complete my first Mirabilia. The fabric she is on is perfect. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can make Xs you can stitch a Mirabilia. :) Or you could always start with a smaller pixie or mermaid from the Nora Corbett line; that way you can practice with Kreinik and beads. The most important thing is to just have fun and enjoy the process!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pieces I especially love Andromeda. When do we get to see your model stitches??? Are you going to stitch royal games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first two I did might be released in either September or November; I'm allowed to share pictures as soon as they show up in the Wichelt site. I signed on to do just the smaller NC designs, not Mirabilias, because most of the Rosewood Manor pieces are so big and take a while to finish; the NCs are a refreshing break. Besides, I would have a hard time sending back a full-sized Mira, knowing that I'd never see it again!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow what a fantastic job your framer did - and you chose the perfect frames and mats to match. I love Andromeda especially, the mat colours really set off that gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete